Our staff of a Board-Certified psychiatrist, licensed therapists, licensed substance abuse therapists and a Board-Certified psychiatric nurse practitioner, provide a broad range of services to those in need
• John Eckard, MD, started Serenity Now Psychiatric and Counseling Services with Hoosier Uplands in March 2012. The clinic has grown steadily since that time with the gradual addition of the treatment team noted below with the clinicians having a variety of skill sets. Dr. Eckard himself is a board certified psychiatrist. He graduated from Indiana University Medical School and subsequently completed his residency at the Medical University of South Carolina. Dr. Eckard has pursued a variety of interests within the field and is comfortable with the entire range of psychiatric disorders. He is particularly interested in anxiety disorders such as panic disorder and obsessive compulsive disorder as well as affective disorders such as major depression and bipolar disorder.
• Carrie Long, PMHNP, has been a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) at Serenity Now since obtaining her master’s degree from IUPUI in 2016. She previously worked in labor and delivery as a registered nurse at IU Health Bloomington for 12 years. She provides psychiatric care, medication management services, and coordinates care with other healthcare professionals to provide optimal outcomes for the people we serve.
• Paralee Daggy, LCSW, is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, who graduated from Indiana University (Indianapolis) with a Master's in Social Work. She was employed by the Monroe County Community School Corporation as a school social worker for 23 years. Her current focus is individuals, adults only; she utilizes an eclectic approach, which includes Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Family Systems Theory, and Mindfulness to address issues of anxiety, depression, grief, self-esteem, and life transitions. Her goal is to help client's find balance in their lives, as well as achieve their goals. Self-care is very important.
• Michael Dockery, LMFT, is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. He works with adolescents and adults both individually and in family sessions that deal with a wide range of concerns including anxiety, depression, family conflict, parenting skills, and trauma. He utilizes techniques from a variety of treatment modalities such as Family System Theory, Cognitive Behavior Therapy, Client-Focused, and EMDR.
• Dallas England, LCSW, is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker who graduated from Indiana University Bloomington with her Masters of Social Work with a concentration in mental health and addictions. She treats anxiety, depression, postpartum mood and anxiety disorders, grief, and life transitions for teenagers and adults. She has been certified in problem-solving treatment, and utilizes that modality along with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, and Dialectical Behavior Therapy to be able to help you reach your goals. She provides a safe and genuine space for LGBTQIA+ clients, and practices from an inclusive and client-centered perspective.
• Brittany Ferrari, LMHC, is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor Associate, who graduated from Indiana State University with a Masters in Clinical Mental Health Counseling. She works with youth and adults on issues relating to trauma, depression, anxiety, ADHD, self-esteem, interpersonal conflict, and more. She utilizes an eclectic, person-centered approach apprised of techniques from Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Play Therapy, Attachment-Based Therapy, Emotional-Focused Therapy, Experiential Therapy, and Sand Play Therapy. Brittany is a sex positive, trans affirming, LGBTQ+ and neurodivergent-friendly clinician that believes in creating a safe space to foster growth and healing for every client's journey to wellness.
• Terri Klingelhoefer, LCSW, is a 2008 graduate of the Indiana University School of Socialwork (Indianapolis) and has worked in urban and rural settings and in employee assistance program, in-patient and outpatient settings. Klingelhoefer treats adults over 18 with a focus on aging, addictions, and disability. Klingelhoefer worked at the Indiana Institute on Disability and Community for over a decade as a program assistant assisting with research, information, and referral at the Indiana Resource Center for Autism. Klingelhoefer is a native born Hoosier and has also attended the University of Southern Indiana and Indiana University Bloomington.
• Emily Line, LSW, graduated from Indiana Wesleyan University with a master's degree in Social Work. Emily enjoys working with children and teens who struggle with anxiety, depression, and trauma. She utilizes cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), solution focused therapy, trauma-focused cognitive behavioral therapy (TF-CBT), as well as some aspects of art and play therapy. Emily has experience working with members of the LGBTQIA+ community and those involved with the Department of Child Services (DCS). Emily's goal in therapy is to ensure clients have a safe place to be their authentic self and achieve the goals they have set.
• Katelyn Lee, LMHC, graduated from Messiah University with a master’s degree in Counseling. She works with adolescents and adults to help them reach their therapeutic goals. The therapies primarily used are dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) skills, cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), and person-centered therapy (PCT). By combining those therapies based on the needs of the individual, she works together with the client to uncover core beliefs and negative thought patterns that are interfering with daily life and relationships. Katelyn’s specialty areas include adolescent treatment, anxiety, depression, and trauma . She also has experience working with the LGBTQ and treating substance use disorders.
• Haley Maranda, LMHC LCAC NCC, graduated from Indiana University with a master’s degree in counseling and counselor education. She works with both adolescents and adults on a range of issues including but not limited to anxiety, depression, addictions, and self-esteem. She utilizes cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), motivational interviewing, and person-centered therapy approaches to assist clients in addressing their concerns and living a life in line with their unique, individualized values. Haley is also a trained EMDR clinician, and utilizes these techniques to treat trauma. Her goal is to help clients utilize and build upon their existing strengths to achieve their personal goals.
• Tom Trent, LCSW, is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker who treats persons of all ages. He has extensive experience helping families, children and adolescents deal with a variety of concerns. Tom is adept at treating individuals with anxiety and depression and other chronic mental health conditions, including conditions common within elderly populations. He also specializes in treatment of members of the LGBTQ community.